Eco-friendly Rainwater Recovery Systems
Create an everyday getaway
Land Escapes Design Inc.
Land Escapes is very excited to be among the first in the New England area to offer and be a Certified Installer of the Aquascape RainXchange system. This revolutionary design combines a recirculating decorative water feature with a sub-surface rainwater harvest storage system.
Rainwater is collected from your roof or patio and stored underground, which maintains the beauty of your property and reveals only a beautiful water feature that integrates seamlessly into the landscape. There the water is constantly recirculated and filtered preventing stagnation and growth of bacteria. The stored nutrient rich rainwater can then be used to irrigate your landscape.
Choosing a rain harvesting system is as easy as 1-2-3
1 - Call Land Escapes
2 - Together we will determine the RainXchange Water Storage System that is right for you
3 - Choose which water feature is best for you and your landscape...either a decorative fountain or pondless waterfall
- The water in your harvested rain system is not subject to community watering restrictions
- There are no additives like fluoride, chlorine or iron that can irritate plants
- An estimated 30% of water goes to irrigation during the summer, by this estimate, rain harvesting can significantly reduce your bill.
- Rain harvesting helps reduce problems associated with storm water runoff (eg. pollutants washing into lakes and streams and erosion)
- Standing water and algae aren't a problem, as with rain barrels, because the water is circulating through your water feature which continuously filters it
- There are no ugly rain barrels to mask
Benefits of Rain Harvesting:
1 inch of rainfall on a 2,000 sq. ft. residential roof generates 1,250 gallons of water that can be reused.
Running a sprinkler for 2 hours can use up to 500 gallons of water
Trevor L. Smith, MCH is a Certified RainXchange Professional and scored a perfect 100% on the Aquascapes Inc. Certification Test. Only one other company in the nation has that distinction.
Installation of EPDM Liner, Snorkel and Centipede
Fountain running and system ready to harvest rain
Installation of 1000 Gallon System: